Thursday, December 6, 2007

Day 1 in Honolulu

My flight arrived at 1am. I'm staying at Seaside Hawaiian Hostel, which I recommend highly for anyone who wants a cheap but safe place to stay while in Waikiki.

I put down a deposit for a room in a house in Honolulu. The bed covering is red. The window drapes are red. If I remember correctly, the carpet is red too. A nice ocean breeze blows through the 4 windows in my room and keeps the room cool. The room comes with the bed, a small fridge, some lights, and a stand for a TV(which I do not own yet).

I asked the owner of the home if she could help move my bags from the hostel to the home. She replied, "I don't understand. What do you want me to do? Just take a taxi." And then painted an annoyed look on her face as she continued to fill out my lease. So much for hospitality.

No comments: