I'm drinking Pino Grigiot watching the DVD commentary of the movie "Sideways" on my laptop sitting on the bottom bunk in my room within the hostel. I've seen the movie 3 or 4 times - I guess I could call it one of my favorites movies, bu this is my first time watching the commentary. The commentary between the two leading characters is hilarious. I'm starting to find that the commentaries on TV and movie DVDs are actually very funny and worth watching.
Random Thought of the Day: Why must there be a hierarchy of the placement of wines on store counters? I'm talking about stores placing the cheapest wines on the bottom rack, barely good enough to be off the floor, and the price of the wines increasing as you go up the counter, ending with the most expensive wines on the top- hence the phrase "top shelf" wine. The height of a wine above the floor alludes to its worth. Does anyone find this a little snobbish? You don't see loaves of bread in a grocery store organized by price, cheapest on bottom and most expensive on top. In fact, no other food or drink is displayed this way. But it's a universal practice. Who decides that wines must be displayed this way? The winemakers? The store selling the wine? Are you supposed to be tricked into buying a more expensive bottle of wine because it's at eye level and thus hence easier to see? Are you supposed to be deterred from selecting a bottom shelf wine because you have to bend over(do more work) to choose a cheap wine?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment